incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>
Subject 18 Jan 2012: SOPA and PIPA Protest Banner
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:05:54 GMT
All,
Proposal:

1. Let's vote on supporting those who have protested the proposed US
bills supposed to combat piracy but actually doing a lot more than
that and none of it good. These two proposals: SOPA and PIPA.
Wikipedia has a fair account:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

2. I would propose we post on the Apache OpenOffice podling site this
language, for remainder of the day, to be taken down at the onset of
19 January 2012 GMT.

** The Apache OpenOffice Podling members support those who have
darkened their Web sites as a unified gesture to protect the freedoms
of the Internet and stop misguided legislation that would threaten
them. **

I would propose further that we have the text white on a black banner
at the top of every podling page.

Please vote as soon as you can, as obviously time is of the essence.

thanks
louis

PS I'm cc'ing the ASF marketing and publicity list. Quite possible
that Apache will say no, if so, that's fine. Better we act as a body
together. But I would also suggest that ASF take the lead here and
issue a statement, if they have not done so already.