incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lsuarezpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sopa
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:05:41 GMT
Hi,

On 18 January 2012 09:57, Damjan Jovanovic <damjan@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As much as it would make a helluva statement, there's people out there
>> who might really need to get the latest security patch of some Apache
>> product right now.
>>
>> Acting responsibly is part of the burden of being the good guys.  It's
>> why the bad guys sometimes win.
>>
>> Don
>>

> There are ways to make a statement non-destructively. Wikipedia works fine
> from mobile devices and with Javascript disabled. Arstechnica changes the
> background color and has a notice at the top of each page.

May I suggest then that if individuals want to make a statement they
do so (look to Wordpress or fightforthefuture)? I have done so on my
Wordpress blog (www.luispo.com). And I would also like to see if there
is consensus to post a banner on the podling page indicating our
support, if we do support it, for the Sopa and Pipa protest.

-louis