incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: proposals for new/revised logo images
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:54:12 GMT

On Jan 6, 2012, at 5:26 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I somehow lost the threads regarding the proposal for new/revised logo images.
>
> As far as I can see we have the following wiki pages containing proposals for new/revised
logo images:
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding
> [3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Logo+Proposals

If we are referring to the website using http://openoffice.org on this material then we must
do one of two things ASAP.

(1) Use www.openoffice.org urls.

or

that domain name at ooo-site as well. We have avoided that.

I think we need to proceed with (2) in the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
Dave

> Did I miss any further proposals?
>
> My current preference is [2] with a minor adjustment:
> The text 'incubating' gots a lot of attention. For our users the status of our project
is not as such much important as for us. From my point of view it could cause confusing as
the current placed and colored text looks like a sub title.
> I propose to put the text 'incubating' into brackets, color it grey, make it non-italic,
may be decrease the font size and right-align it with the rest of the text.