incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject bIsInside (a Rectangle)
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:55:36 GMT
Hi,

Hacking the Presenter Screen (trying to implement the Presentation
timer reset because I need it), I found yet another definition of
bIsInside [an area, a rectangle]. I know there is a similar
definition in tools (gen.hxx) and using Opengrok, I found  other
places where IsInside a given [rR]ectangle is defined. e.g. : sw/
source/core/bastyp/swrect.cxx, reportdesign/source/core/sdr/
RptObject.cxx ... and so on.

Reading the gen.cxx implementation, I have some doubts (strange
rectangle with inverted axes), but is there a good reason to repeat
the same definition several times in the code ? What about factorize
and simplify that ? e.g. we could propose a list of tasks for
newcomers, reserved to people who want to discover Apache OpenOffice
source code ?

Thanks in advance,
Eric Bachard

--