incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:04:16 GMT

Le 4 janv. 12 à 22:52, Joe Schaefer a écrit :

>> Not exactly  :
>>
>> I'd like to take files from Apache repo, and put them into the
>> OOo4Kids
>> one.  This needs to adapt OOo4Kids to Apache tree (based on
>> DEV300_m106).
>
> In that case be our guest.  You may keep the LGPL licensing on the
> larger work if you so choose, and you may alter the licensing on
> individual files by adding LGPL headers to them (but NOT REMOVING
> Apache License/Copyright headers, just insert a comment saying
> "portions originally licensed under the following...".

Ok, thanks for the information. Anyway I'll have a lot of work,
because a lot of files are concerned at the end.

>> At the begining, OOo4Kids (and OOoLight) are "toys" used as a lab,
>> to test Fun and new features with students, or simply to analyze
>> performance  issues. The second idea was to reverse interesting
>> code into OOo.
>
> You are free to do whatever you like with your own creative work,
> but please refrain from incorporating 3rd party contributions to
> OOo4Kids into Apache Openoffice without explicit permission from
> the authors of those contributions.

Sure I won't :-)  : using svn, every commit is public, and
commented / documented. And when the code is written by someone else,
this is always mentioned. Should be easy to retrieve everything (svn
log e.g.)

Regards,
Eric

--