incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: admin permissions on old OOo
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:59:36 GMT

On Jan 30, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> since the initial request reached me and I forwarded it to Louis, I feel obliged to comment:
>
> Ross Gardler wrote on 2012-01-30 22:37:
>> Wow - where did that come from? I'm not going to get into a p***ing
>> match with you one of us would make a fool of themselves.
>
> Folks, someone sent his CV to a public mailing list by accident, not knowing it would
be public. While I know how annoying and at the same time hopeless deleting archived postings
can be - is such a simple request really worth to start endless discussions about where and
how to ask that and who is allowed to deal with it? And where's the logic in having her ask
in public, when all she wants is not to be mentioned in public?

> Stop discussing and help the woman sending in that request, anything else is simply ridiculous
and not only a waste of everyone's time, but also an ashaming and embarassing behaviour to
the public.

> Someone is in an odd situation, and I doubt she wants to deal with politics. Neither
do I.

TJ has taken up the woman's request. It is still on the Kenai infrastructure and Apache rules
don't have to apply. To me this just signals that we need to shutdown the mail system at openoffice.org
very, very soon.

Louis and Ross started discuss something else ... That is all.

Best Regards,
Dave