incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:08:01 GMT
My personal opinions on this, naturally:

On 4 Jan 2012, at 11:35, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:

> In detail if a derivative project merge our now Apache licensed code with their code
that was based on the former Oracle licensed LGPL code. This code becomes automatically Apache
licensed, correct?

Probably not, no. The existing LGPLv3 licensed code remains LGPLv3 licensed, and as a requirement
of the LGPLv3 the new code added to it has to be made available under the LGPLv3 as well.
As a consequence, the resulting modified work will be licensed under LGPLv3. The Apache code
that was added remains under the Apache license too (which is OK since there is no conflict
between the terms of the AL and LGPLv3).

> If yes, does it mean that we can use the changes on this code in our code as well if
it is publicly available?

No.

S.