incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: suggested CMS workflows for ooo-site
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 05:45:17 GMT

On Jan 4, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:

> Joe Schaefer wrote on Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 16:55:02 -0800:

I can see your vision. Each file in templates and content get converted into content in the
staging and production repos either assembled via SSI or as static "sledgehammer" content.
The SSI content translate into any change in templates and content causing only a few changes
in an SSI version of a built site. Changes to lib/path.pm only effect changed mappings. It's
hard to see how changes to lib/view.pm are not sledgehammers. Perhaps more of view.pm needs
to be moved into the cms directly. I know that you do pull features.

I was thinking about how to handle a certain class of files. swf, pdf, odt, xls whatever that
may be preferred to be single files in the repository but would be best be served up in an
html wrapper. (Even html files) This SSI pattern fits that solution better, I think.

A file say "explanation.foo" exists in the content directory. When built it becomes two files
explanation.html and the original explanation.foo. explanation.html is then the wrapper around
explanation.foo.

> FWIW, Subverison uses that.
>
> http://subversion.apache.org/
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/site/publish/

Interesting.

I've got putting together an mdtext page on ooo-site and the various new features and relevant
information. When I'm done sometime next week I'm interested in discussing more about an Apache
CMS "project". Where should we do that? infrastructure-dev?

Regards,
Dave