incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Question related derivative code based on our Apache licensed code
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 01:17:31 GMT

On 17 Jan 2012, at 01:07, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Did you have trouble with the part where
> he wrote "this mailing list"?  In any case
> we have 1-way compatibility from AL to LGPL
> so there's little technical need for it.

No, Joe, I spotted that, but thanks for your concern.

This meme only arises in Rob's communications in connection with LibreOffice contributors
being encouraged to join Apache. Licensing is as much a community choice as it is a mechanical
matter, and as a member of both communities I have observed that the apparent encouragement
to weaken affiliation with LibreOffice diminishes Apache's credibility among many LibreOffice
community members.

My comment to Rob was by way of a reminder that it would be better to stop acting divisively
like this. My apologies if this brevity was confusing.

S.