incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] Folder Level Navigation Bar Improvements
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:15:10 GMT
Sure - here is the plan:

In views.pm prior to rendering.

# default navbars and mdtext from templates folder.

   my templates_folder = "templates";
    if (-d $templates_folder) {
        for my $f (grep -f, glob "$templates_folder/*.mdtext") {
            $f =~ m!/([^/]+)\.mdtext$! or die "Bad filename: $f\n";
            $args{$1} = {};
            read_text_file $f, $args{$1};
        }
    }

# folder specific overrides

    templates_folder = templatesfolder($args{path});
    if (-d $templates_folder) {
        for my $f (grep -f, glob "$templates_folder/*.mdtext") {
            $f =~ m!/([^/]+)\.mdtext$! or die "Bad filename: $f\n";
            $args{$1} = {};
            read_text_file $f, $args{$1};
        }
    }

Assuming that one of the files is named "sidenav.mdtext"

In the skeleton.html:

{% if sidenav.content %}<div id="sidenav">{% filter markdown %}{{ sidenav.content }}{%
endfilter %}</div>{% endif %}

There is no longer a need to have {% include "sidenav.mdtext" %} and skeleton.html is simplified.

So you can see there is only one "to do" - writing a templatesfolder sub based on breadcrumbs.

Regards,
Dave

On Jan 1, 2012, at 12:38 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Be sure to look over
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#navigation
>

> for ideas on how to organize per-dir navigation templates.

side and right side navigation bars at the folder level. Here are three directions this effort
can go.

as there is trouble with it - http://www.openoffice.org/sv/

>> (3) Reorganizing the podling site. It would be good to add current API docs and start
thinking about a larger organization.

>> All of the Kenai projects on the legacy had side navigation. This can be recovered
by altering your hosts file. I've examined this for API. Several of the urls were already
problematic. Here is an annotated version of leftsidenav.mdtext (likely - templates/api/leftsidenav.mdtext)