incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:07:11 GMT
On 27/01/2012 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> this is actually implemented.

Nice to know! I updated
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol
with this remark.

> a dummy
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> will indicate every OOo version that it is up-to-date (we may not want
> this - an OOo 3.2 will not be seen as un update to an OOo 3.1, for
> example).

In theory this would indeed happen, but in practice OpenOffice.org 3.3
has been out for exactly one year, so the vast majority of people who
are interested in updates should now be running version 3.3. Those who
haven't updated their old OpenOffice.org for more than one year can
likely wait for Apache OpenOffice 3.4 to be released. So even this
"dummy" file reporting that no updates are available would be a
significant improvement over the current error message.

Regards,
   Andrea.