incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:02:41 GMT
Hi all,

Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
> Hi Kay,
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 04:18:39PM -0800, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Well -- a very short update on this. And thanks again to Regina for helping
>> to point me in the right direction.
>>
>> Basically, unless we can find the former "check.Update" script somewhere we
>> may be out of luck. So, if anyone knows anything about it -- please let us
>> know!
>
> the information must be out there, we just have to research, and study
> the code. An example searching the wiki:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol
> IMO we are far from being out of luck :)

I have tried this:
I have written analog to the example in the wiki page

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<inst:description
xmlns:inst="http://installation.openoffice.org/description">
   <inst:id>OpenOffice.org_2_de</inst:id>
   <inst:version>3.4</inst:version>
   <inst:buildid>340m1(Build:9584)</inst:buildid>
   <inst:os>Windows_NT</inst:os>
   <inst:arch>x86</inst:arch>
   <inst:update type="text/html"
src="http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/stable/" />
</inst:description>

and put it as file with file name test_check.update
to this location
http://www.rhenschel.homepage.t-online.de/test_check.update

Then I have changed UpdateURL in version.ini to point to this URL.
When I now let OpenOffice search for Update, I get the response, that
the version is up to date.
I have tried varying entries in nodes 'inst:id' 'inst:version' and
'inst:buildid', but always get "version is up to date".

So not successful, but might help to find a solution.

Kind regards
Regina