incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:05:13 GMT
On 27/01/2012 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> the information must be out there, we just have to research, and study
> the code. An example searching the wiki:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol
> IMO we are far from being out of luck :)

We've already discussed that page, but at first glance it seems the
specification of a further version of the update protocol, and I'm not
sure it was ever implemented.

However, what the service does is merely serving a "Yes" (updates
available) or "No", so, as elaborate as it can be, it shouldn't be
impossible to replicate it in a way that always answers "No" until
Apache OpenOffice 3.4 is out and always answers "Yes" when Apache
OpenOffice 3.4 is available (Apache OpenOffice 3.4 can point to another
URL, so it won't happen that people already using Apache OpenOffice 3.4
get erroneous messages about available updates).

Regards,
   Andrea.