incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: current status about the build bots?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:47:28 GMT
On 1/26/12 12:19 PM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 26.01.12 08:53, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:

>>> We are waiting on infrastructure. There seems to be a hardware issue on
>>> the Mac buildbot.
>>> Otherwise we are waiting in the queue. There has been some work done on
>>> the Windows buildbot.
>>> In addition, I believe we have the 'recipe' for building each of the
>>> platforms complete (and Solaris, too)
>>> All of these have been requested, and acknowledged, although until
>>> lately infra has been more focused on other AOO priorities.
>>> Added note: Gavin has been out - he is the buildbot guru, and will
>>> probably be the one working on it. Hopefully this is reasonably high on
>>> the list of things to do.
>>
>> hopefully, but I would like to repeat again my offer for any kind of
>> help. Or maybe others are also interested to help.
> As I know, help here is reserved for infrastructure commiters. As non
> Infrastructur commiter you can get accass to a VM, like our wiki VM or
> our Forum VM. But you will not get access to the Apache main
> infrastructure. So we can't realy help there.
>
> Therefor I think, it's important to have same build mashine (who are
> able to do release build) outside ASF. I'm not sure if the ASF Buildbot
> is designed for release builds. Remember, the Mac Buildbot is down now
> for over a month. So it looks like build boots has not so a hight
> priority for aviability at the ASF. I don't know how this is handled by
> other projects. There is also a other problem. OOo has a realy complex
> build system. Smaller projects can maybe switch to a other mashine
> without problems. We cannot realy do this. Setup a new build box AND
> make good builds is a taff work at AOO.

well I think that can not or shouldn't be an excuse. We can work on this
and can improve the build process.

On the other hand such problems can be addressed when we know more
details ...

In any case more information would be helpful. And joining the
infrastructure project should be also possible or not?

Juergen