incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <rbircher_...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: current status about the build bots?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:19:16 GMT
Am 26.01.12 08:53, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 1/26/12 3:03 AM, Andrew Rist wrote:
>>

>> On 1/25/2012 2:04 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not sure if I am the only one but I would like to know where we
>>> are with the build-bots on Windows, MacOS, Linux 32 bit, ??
>> We are waiting on infrastructure. There seems to be a hardware issue on
>> the Mac buildbot.
>> Otherwise we are waiting in the queue. There has been some work done on
>> the Windows buildbot.
>> In addition, I believe we have the 'recipe' for building each of the
>> platforms complete (and Solaris, too)
>> All of these have been requested, and acknowledged, although until
>> lately infra has been more focused on other AOO priorities.
>> Added note: Gavin has been out - he is the buildbot guru, and will
>> probably be the one working on it. Hopefully this is reasonably high on
>> the list of things to do.
>
> hopefully, but I would like to repeat again my offer for any kind of
> help. Or maybe others are also interested to help.
As I know, help here is reserved for infrastructure commiters. As non
Infrastructur commiter you can get accass to a VM, like our wiki VM or
our Forum VM. But you will not get access to the Apache main
infrastructure. So we can't realy help there.

Therefor I think, it's important to have same build mashine (who are
able to do release build) outside ASF. I'm not sure if the ASF Buildbot
is designed for release builds. Remember, the Mac Buildbot is down now
for over a month. So it looks like build boots has not so a hight
priority for aviability at the ASF. I don't know how this is handled by
other projects. There is also a other problem. OOo has a realy complex
build system. Smaller projects can maybe switch to a other mashine
without problems. We cannot realy do this. Setup a new build box AND
make good builds is a taff work at AOO.