incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [CODE] update services
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:36:36 GMT
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 05:04:18PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> The code is in main/extensions/source/update/
>> rather illuminating
>> main/extensions/source/update/check/updateprotocol.cxx
>>
>> The format is xml, you can see main/instsetoo_native/util/update.xml
>
> it seems to support also an update feed format:
> http://openoffice.org/projects/installation/sources/webcontent/show/testarea/onlineupdate
>
> There should be an specification somewhere, but the old site
> http://specs.openoffice.org has become rather broken after the
> migration.

I would expect that it is similar to the xml format for the extensions.
I have never looked in detail in it, I have only noticed the Url in
openoffice.lst when I have changed some others.

I think the update service is a very useful one and we should try to
reestablish this service. Ok many users don't like such "call home"
features but that's the reason why it is configurable.

Juergen