incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: current status about the build bots?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:53:18 GMT
On 1/26/12 3:03 AM, Andrew Rist wrote:

> On 1/25/2012 2:04 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not sure if I am the only one but I would like to know where we
>> are with the build-bots on Windows, MacOS, Linux 32 bit, ??
> We are waiting on infrastructure. There seems to be a hardware issue on
> the Mac buildbot.
> Otherwise we are waiting in the queue. There has been some work done on
> the Windows buildbot.
> In addition, I believe we have the 'recipe' for building each of the
> platforms complete (and Solaris, too)
> All of these have been requested, and acknowledged, although until
> lately infra has been more focused on other AOO priorities.
> Added note: Gavin has been out - he is the buildbot guru, and will
> probably be the one working on it. Hopefully this is reasonably high on
> the list of things to do.

hopefully, but I would like to repeat again my offer for any kind of
help. Or maybe others are also interested to help.

>> Would it be possible to provide any information where we are and if
>> any help is necessary or appreciated.
> Once the buildbots are in place, we can control the specifics of each
> build fairly easily. I also have some ideas in this area, in terms of
> varying the builds (and potentially creating a weekly dev snapshot
> build) Also, note that this bots are part of a pretty big system of
> automated bots, and that setting them up is more complex than just
> standing up a vm with an OS image.

I believe that the bot system is more complex and need some deeper
knowledge but if volunteers have the knowledge or are willing to learn,
it can be only of help for the infra structure people.

>> I think it would be at least helpful to put some minimal information
>> in our release overview plan [1]. But would be to have wiki page
>> documenting the necessary information.
> We can ping infra for this.
>>
>> At the moment it is more or less impossible to understand where we are
>> and where help is necessary.
> understandable.
> Once we have the buildbots in place this will be more under our control.

that's good to hear

Juergen