incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: current status about the build bots?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 02:03:43 GMT

On 1/25/2012 2:04 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if I am the only one but I would like to know where we
> are with the build-bots on Windows, MacOS, Linux 32 bit, ??
We are waiting on infrastructure.   There seems to be a hardware issue
on the Mac buildbot.
Otherwise we are waiting in the queue.  There has been some work done on
the Windows buildbot.
In addition, I believe we have the 'recipe' for building each of the
platforms complete (and Solaris, too)
All of these have been requested, and acknowledged, although until
lately infra has been more focused on other AOO priorities.
Added note: Gavin has been out - he is the buildbot guru, and will
probably be the one working on it.  Hopefully this is reasonably high on
the list of things to do.

> Would it be possible to provide any information where we are and if
> any help is necessary or appreciated.
Once the buildbots are in place, we can control the specifics of each
build fairly easily.  I also have some ideas in this area, in terms of
varying the builds (and potentially creating a weekly dev snapshot
build)   Also, note that this bots are part of a pretty big system of
automated bots, and that setting them up is more complex than just
standing up a vm with an OS image.

> I think it would be at least helpful to put some minimal information
> in our release overview plan [1]. But would be to have wiki page
> documenting the necessary information.
We can ping infra for this.

> At the moment it is more or less impossible to understand where we are
> and where help is necessary.
understandable.
Once we have the buildbots in place this will be more under our control.

> Juergen (with my hat of a release manager ;-) )
Andrew (wearing my buildbotter hat ;-))

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group