incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [WEBSITE]: propose new shorter Urls
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:14:40 GMT
On 1/25/12 9:09 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 1/24/12 5:11 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 24, 2012, at 1:17 AM, Pavel Janík wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> makes sense. The subdomain services was only created because of
>>> technical reasons. Users will benefit from this change.
>>
>> We need to have a complete list of all the *.services.openoffice.org.
>>
>> 4. tools.services.openoffice.org - what's this?
>
> I think it was used for some services hosted in Hamburg to do some
> statistics and redirected after that to the initially intended Url. For
> example the Urls used on the StartCenter to the templates, extensions
> repo or the OpenOffice homepage.
>
> In the office I have already removed this Urls and have replaced them by
> the direct Url. I think tools.services.openoffice.org can be dropped
> completely.

I have to correct this after reading another email. For not breaking
older office versions I think we need redirects for

1.
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/extensions.jsp?cid=920794
2. http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/homepage.jsp
3.
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/templates.jsp?cid=926383
4.
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/dictionaries.jsp

Proposed redirects that I have used in the current sources
1. http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/
2. http://www.openoffice.org
3. http://templates.services.openoffice.org
4. http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/dictionaries

And I would ignore the parameters in the Urls because they are probably
different.

Juergen