incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [WEBSITE]: propose new shorter Urls
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:09:10 GMT
On 1/24/12 5:11 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2012, at 1:17 AM, Pavel Janík wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Jan 24, 2012, at 7:58 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to propose new shorter Urls for
>>>
>>> The new Url should be the new default and the former Url should redirect to the
new one that we don't break any existing links.

>>> 1. wiki.services.openoffice.org ->  new ->  wiki.openoffice.org
>>>
>>> 2. templates.services.openoffice.org ->  new ->  templates.openoffice.org
>>>
>>> 3. extensions.services.openoffice.org ->  new ->  extensions.openoffice.org
>>
>> makes sense. The subdomain services was only created because of technical reasons.
Users will benefit from this change.

> We need to have a complete list of all the *.services.openoffice.org.
>
> 4. tools.services.openoffice.org - what's this?

I think it was used for some services hosted in Hamburg to do some
statistics and redirected after that to the initially intended Url. For
example the Urls used on the StartCenter to the templates, extensions
repo or the OpenOffice homepage.

In the office I have already removed this Urls and have replaced them by
the direct Url. I think tools.services.openoffice.org can be dropped
completely.

> 5. codesnippets.services.openoffice.org (hosted elsewhere which needs to be handled.)

any idea how it can be handled or what's necessary. I think Tom was
always of great help to host it and solve problems. If possible I would
simply change it as proposed.

> 6. user.services.openoffice.org

the user forum that i have forgotten.

But we can handle all this Urls equal as Kay mentioned already. I don't
see a big problem here, maybe I overlook something.

Juergen