incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla Administration Ideas
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:32:20 GMT
On 1/24/2012 10:19, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> I'm starting a thread on what should be done in our Bugzilla.
>
> Here are some ideas:
>
> - remove fields that confuse more than they help to describe or solve
> the problem, e.g. the fields "Hardware"
>
> - reduce field choices, e.g. for the field "OS" the options "Windows
> 3.1", "Mac System 7" or "OpenVMS" should go
>
> - if the default owner of a component is no longer active in the project
> then that should be changed to a generic name
>
> - if it is possible at all then add a hierarchy to the components, e.g.
> all the localization projects should go into a l10 group, e.g. l10/ja
>
> - if it is possible to reduce the choice of impacted versions when a new
> issue is entered then that should be done. Bugs reported against ancient
> milestones such as 644m11 are just not interesting

Here there is a small problem. We need to know, eventually, two
different version numbers: the earliest version that shows the problem,
and the latest version tested. In the past, the "reported" version was
supposed to be the earliest ("oo.o 3.2.1"), and the user should add
something like, "also fails under 3.4 Beta". We could do a better job of
making this clear, or maybe we need another field, or both.
  /tj/