incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <>
Subject Bugzilla Administration Ideas
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:19:08 GMT
I'm starting a thread on what should be done in our Bugzilla.

Here are some ideas:

- remove fields that confuse more than they help to describe or solve
the problem, e.g. the fields "Hardware"

- reduce field choices, e.g. for the field "OS" the options "Windows
3.1", "Mac System 7" or "OpenVMS" should go

- if the default owner of a component is no longer active in the project
then that should be changed to a generic name

- if it is possible at all then add a hierarchy to the components, e.g.
all the localization projects should go into a l10 group, e.g. l10/ja

- if it is possible to reduce the choice of impacted versions when a new
issue is entered then that should be done. Bugs reported against ancient
milestones such as 644m11 are just not interesting

View raw message