incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [WEBSITE]: propose new shorter Urls
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 06:58:38 GMT
Hi,

I would like to propose new shorter Urls for

The new Url should be the new default and the former Url should redirect
to the new one that we don't break any existing links.

1. wiki.services.openoffice.org -> new -> wiki.openoffice.org

2. templates.services.openoffice.org -> new -> templates.openoffice.org

3. extensions.services.openoffice.org -> new -> extensions.openoffice.org

The latter one is a little bit more tricky because we have
extensions.openoffice.org already which was a former sub project. But as
I have pointed out the former project structure doesn't really make
sense anymore and we can start with this project page to simply reuse it
for the better used extension repository. The content is minimal, it
links more or less directly into the wiki. The mailing lists does not
longer exists and subscribers were guided to ooo-dev.

 From my point of view it will simply help and will make things more
intuitive.

And the new shorter Urls would be used for now in start center to link
to the extensions and template repos etc.

Any comments or concerns?

If no, who is able to realize it from a technical perspective after the
typical 72 hours ;-) Gavin, Kay?

Juergen