incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: New icons proposed for version 3.4
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:40:01 GMT
On 1/22/12 11:45 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> I don't know how many people monitor Bugzilla, so I'm reposting here a
> proposal for new icons for Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (I merely noticed it in
> Bugzilla, I'm not involved with it at all):
> The icons can be seen at
> and they look rather nice to me. They would be suitable for Apache
> OpenOffice 3.4 too, since they still use the previous design elements
> (those currently used in Apache OpenOffice trunk) but add a fresher
> look. Any thoughts? I would only discuss the six application icons for
> the time being, and only focus on the design, not licenses or
> permissions (read the issue for those, and we can investigate further if
> we decide to give the proposed icons a try).

I am not sure if we should do that for 3.4. Reverting the icons back to
the former well accepted icons was ok and a necessary step. But if we
intend to do some more branding rework for a 4.0, then I would prefer to
keep the current icons. We don't have any pressure here and we can focus
on such a rebranding after the 3.4. Important from my pov is the overall
goal of the rebranding and that it is consistent in all branding
elements we want to change.

Just my 2 cents

View raw message