incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <>
Subject [RELEASE]: updating copyright and vendor in created packages
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:56:04 GMT

it's again me who need advice or better feedback for a change.

We build several package files for our binary releases (rpm, deb, pkg).
The files contain a copyright and vendor string.

I think both can be changed to Apache because we are now preparing and
provide these packages under the hood of Apache, correct?

In an earlier email I have mentioned this already and in some cases it
is copyright = "1999-2009 by" and vendor =" which doesn't make sense at all.

If nobody complains or raise further concerns I would change it to

copyright = "2011 by The Apache Document Foundation"
vendor = "Apache Software Foundation"

I will also clarify with Andrew Rist if it's ok to change the Copyright
statement in the About box and move the Oracle Copyright part in the
NOTICE file.

View raw message