incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: propose new Developer snapshot builds based on revision r1231878
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:42:15 GMT
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:37:27AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi Oliver, Ariel,
>>
>> i submitted minor branding relevant changes to get an impression how
>> it can look like (nothing 100#% final if decide to change it).
>>
>> I would like to propose that we prepare a new set of developer
>> snapshots based on this version.
>>
>> I have already started to build ...
>
> I've finished building the nl packages, so I update the cwiki page.
>

>> - openofficedev_en-US
>> - a multilingual office - openofficedev_en-US_de_fr_es_it_ja_zh-CN_pt-BR
>
> I'm uncertain about the utility of this multilingual install set.
> Unfortunately we can't mesure how many downloads we will get, but
> I doubt anyone will chose to download ca. 250 MB, I left these for
> 4 packages (992 mb), I'll start uploading them in a few hours.

well, I hope people will give us feedback. If nobody will download these
packages we can drop them and can think about a replacement with normal
localized full install sets.

I think this is a general interesting question. How do we want to
provide the binaries?

a) localized full install sets
b) en-US full install set + language pack

a) is the most convenience solution for our users and equal to the way
we provided the builds in the past

b) will reduce space but is not convenient for the typical user because
of 2 setups.

I would recommend and prefer a)

Juergen