incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resolving MS Word Binary File Format
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:50:27 GMT
On 09/01/2012 Liang Weike wrote:
> I'm making an investigation of OpenOffice processing the documents of MS
> Office's binary file formats. ...
> So, has OpenOffice improved the flow and construction of resolving MS
> Office's binary file formats after MS offered the specification?

As far as I know, no substantial rewriting of the filters for
doc/xls/ppt files happened after Microsoft released the specification:
I've seen several incremental improvements over the years, but never a
complete rewrite.

I don't actually know if Microsoft released the specification in a form
that would make it easy to write an import filter from scratch.

Regards,
  Andrea.