incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Double dictionaries for languages
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:39:54 GMT
On 07/01/2012 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Portuguese has suffered a language agreement and now there are two kinds
> of my language:
> - pre-agreement
> - post-agreement...
> The language is still the same and just the dictionary is changed.
> Could this be implemented into AOO?

I think (but I haven't checked with a recent build, and I'm not 100%
sure) that multiple dictionaries for the same language are supported and
are merged (i.e., if you enable both an "old spelling" and a "new
spelling" dictionary, words of either dictionary will be accepted).

As for switching between dictionaries, the easiest way I see is
installing separate extensions: there is no suitable user interface yet,
unfortunately.

There's always the hack of defining two separate locales and assigning
one to the "old spelling" and one to the "new spelling" to change them
in real time like American English and British English, but forcing this
configuration would break interoperability.

Regards,
   Andrea.