incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: propose new Developer snapshot builds based on revision r1231878
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:14:49 GMT
J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> If Windows, Linux and Mac versions are available I would like to drop a
> short mail on our announce mailing list if we all think that it is a
> good idea to promote this unofficial snapshot builds to a broader
> audience. We can only benefit from this and will hopefully can early
> feedback.
> Any opinions on the announcement part?

I don't know how the port to CoinMP is progressing, but I would prefer
to wait that the Solver is back in before making an announcement: we've
seen enough attention and enough misunderstandings to be sure that if
the Solver is still disabled then journalists and bloggers will get it
wrong.

Same would go for integrating dictionaries back in Language packs.

At the very least, the wiki page

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots

should list the parts that are intentionally disabled in these builds:
it is important that people understand that there will be no dropped
features (except for obsolete functionality or very rare use cases) from
OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 to Apache OpenOffice 3.4.

Regards,
   Andrea.