incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [RELEASE]: help wanted to define default dictionaries for languages
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:45:07 GMT
Hi,

[based on the assumption that we get the approval to bundle the
dictionaries/thesaurus with our binary releases]

I am not really familiar with thwe dictionaries/thesaurus and would like
to ask for help to define a list of default dictionaries/thesaurus for
each language if possible.

Based on this list we have to work on a mechanism to include the
dictionaries in our binary releases.

I think about a simple list where we define the default dictionary for
each language. Something like

[DICTIONARIES]
de -> (German (de-DE frami) dictionaries),
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/5092, <name of
download file>
de-DE -> (German (de-DE frami) dictionaries),
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/5092, <name of
download file>
de-AT -> (German (de-AT frami) dictionaries), link not available-
network error, <name of download file>
de-CH ->  (German (de-CH frami) dictionaries),
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/5091, <name of
download file>
en -> (English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new ligature
and phonetic suggestion support),
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/3814, <name of
download file>
en-US -> (US English Spell Checking Dictionary),
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/download/1471, <name of the
download file>

[THESAURUS]

[this example list is based on wild guessing and browsing the available
dictionaries in the ext repo,
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries ]

I propose that we collect this list in the wiki first and prepare later
on a simple text file that we can check-in in svn for the build process.
As place for the wiki page I suggest a sub-page under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Project+Planning
with the name "Bundled Default Language Tools" or so.

We need also a volunteer who analyze the mechanism to include these
extensions in our binary releases ...

Does this make sense or does anybody have a better idea how to move
forward with this?

Juergen