incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] planning to create new developer snapshots
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 06:57:49 GMT
Hi,

On 14.01.2012 18:16, Kay Schenk wrote:
> 2012/1/10 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>
>> On 1/10/12 11:23 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am planning to create new developer snapshots from the today's revision.
>>>
>>> Ariel is already using his space on people.apache.org to provide such
>>> developer snapshots. I would like to do the same in order to share the
>>> effort on such a 'service'.
>>>
>>> I am able to create builds under Ubuntu 11.10, 32bit (running in a
>>> VirtualBox) and Windows 7.
>>>
>>> @Ariel: May be you can share your 'website' sources/structure. I would
>>> use it it for my people.apache.org 'website'
>>>
>>> Any comments/objections/**improvements?
>>>

>> I would suggest that we use only one page where we can link all provided
>> builds. That means if you can provide builds, maybe Ariel can contain them
>> in his overview page. I would add a MacOS build and Linux 64bit on a
>> regular basis.
>>

> Hi--
>
> OK, just an observation. Currently on the  wiki from the main page--
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> is a link (toward the bottom) of Developer Snapshot Builds which goes to
> http://download.openoffice.org/next
>
> Can you still use THAT service for your builds or , if you chose not to, to
> replace that link with your "new central page".

As the builds which Ariel, Jürgen and myself are planning to provide are no
official builds I do not think that it is a good idea to link the planned
'download site' prominent and like they are official builds.
 From my point of view these builds are only intermediate ones until we have
official builds from our to be planned setup buildbots.

> I'm working on some clean up to the Developer FAQs at:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/developer-faqs.html

Cool - very very good to have it.

> and will add in the wiki main page to this. But just thought I'd point out
> this old link/reference.

Best regards, Oliver.