incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Broken authentication in the current Extensions website
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:19:50 GMT
The authentication in the current Extensions website is broken, possibly
due to DNS migration (but possibly not!). I reported it in
http://s.apache.org/iTr but it probably got buried in that thread.

If you open
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user
(reload until it shows) you will get
"The login is currently not possible:
http://eis.services.openoffice.org/ - HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found "

Does this have anything to do with the DNS migration? I noticed it the
day after the DNS migration, but a quick investigation shows that
eis.services.openoffice.org is an alias for
tools.services.openoffice.org and that its IP address is 192.18.197.110
which is in the Oracle network, so I'm not sure it is related to migration.

Fact is: login at
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user
is broken, while login (with the same single-sign-on backend) at
https://openoffice.org/people/login
works normally.

This means that extensions authors haven't been able to update their
extensions for at least a couple of weeks.

Regards,
   Andrea.