incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 7 and Apache OpenOffice
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 22:37:49 GMT
On 13/01/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Wasn't the cycle something like the following?
>> - Developer thinks the bug is fixed and marks issue as RESOLVED FIXED.
>> - QA engineer sets to VERIFIED, then to CLOSED. ...
> The value of having a QA engineer test a bug fix is they also "test
> around" the fix, to make sure related areas are not broken.   If we
> want CRT, then maybe it is a good thing if the person doing the review
> is not the same person who did the commit?

Sure, but the review (by someone else than the developer) would be the
step from RESOLVED FIXED to VERIFIED. When Ariel fixes something, the
issue status should change to something different than STARTED (i.e., to
RESOLVED FIXED), otherwise there will be no way for QA volunteers to
find the "RESOLVED FIXED" issues and verify that they have actually been
fixed properly. At least this was my understanding of the VERIFIED
status in Bugzilla.

Regards,
   Andrea.