incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Real life preview of some of the proposed images
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:31:46 GMT

> Hi *,
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 05:31:20PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> for the dev builds I plan to provide (asap) I have simply used
>> Drew's proposals, added some of by my own and have built a Mac
>> version.
>>
>> I have some minor problems with the OOo-Dev dmg installer background
>> images where I am working on. But ou can get a first impression how
>> would look like under
>>
>> Backing window + About box
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/screenshots/backing_window-about.png
>>
>> Intro image
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/screenshots/intro.png
>>
>> MacOS dmg background
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/screenshots/mac_install_dmg.png
>> well the quality of this image is too bad right now and I will try
>> to improve it. But I know Drew will give me support ;-)
>>
>> Juergen
>

> they look nice. I wonder if "Incubating" is required there. This is an
> Apache jargon, I doubt it would have any sense for English speaking
> users; and more problematic for non-English speaking user: the text is
> not localized. IMO "Incubating" only adds more confusion to the already
> existing confusion in our user base. If this is not an Apache
> requirement, it would be nice to remove it from the logos.

I agree and would prefer this as well. The important point for me is
that the project is "incubating" but not the product. And I agree to rob
that it should be sufficient to mentioned this in the text on the
project sites.

Well we can use logos with the "Incubating" string on the websites but
we should not use it in the product if possible.

Juergen