incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Copyright statements and some other stuff
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:16:16 GMT
> Hi Jürgen,
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:29:50PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> 3. Values in
>> The main/solenv/inc/ contains several values that have
>> influence on several places.
>> For example the name of the download files, the content of the About
>> dialog, etc.
>> The value are current:
>> RSCREVISION=340m1(Build:9584)
>> BUILD=9584
>> I think we should define new values and the question is how we want
>> to use this values.
>> I would propose the following for the short term:
>> RSCVERSION=340 ->  we keep this for now because are working on an AOO
>> 3.4 and we will change it when we work on 4.0 or 3.4.1 accordingly
>> RSCREVISION=340m1(Build:9584) ->  here i am not sure how we should
>> handle this. We have currently no similar build process that we had
>> in the past. I would propose a value like "340 (Rev.: r1230461)"
>> where we change the revision number dynamically.
>> BUILD ->  don't have a good idea yet
>> LAST_MINOR ->  the same, I haven't a good idea yet.
> I've been working on this
> and in the meantime found a solution, I'll post something on the
> weekend.

great, to good to hear that. What do you think about the dynamical
update of the revision number during the build? Or maybe a special
script that can be triggered after an update.

I know you get the revision number during the configure switch  but I
think about an update without configure. For a minor update of only a
few files i would simply rebuild without configure.

View raw message