incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 7 and Apache OpenOffice
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 23:24:05 GMT
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Now I'm uncertain about what to do in these cases. In OpenOffice.org
> times, the developer who fixed the issue didn't resolve it as fixed.
> Someone else had to do the QA in order to confirm the fix and change the
> issue status.

Wasn't the cycle something like the following?
- Developer thinks the bug is fixed and marks issue as RESOLVED FIXED.
- QA engineer sets to VERIFIED, then to CLOSED.

The workflow you describe seems overly complex, but indeed you may well
be right: it wouldn't be the only overly complex procedure in the old
OpenOffice.org...

> I'm not sure what the new rules are, so I will wait to resolve this as
> fixed until someone can confirm it is actually fixed.

So the VERIFIED and CLOSED status would be for further verification? Or
maybe for the moment when the fix can be independently verified in a
developer snapshot? Leaving a resolved issue as STARTED seems like a
suboptimal workflow.

Regards,
   Andrea.