incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject External libraries
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:40:05 GMT
Hi all,

During the work on replacing lp_solve with CoinMP (almost done) I
stumbled upon the question of where to build the CoinMP libraries.

Following the current pattern I would add a coinmp directory into main/
The downside of this is that the main/ directory becomes cluttered with
modules that basically consist only of a single makefile and maybe some
patch files.

I would like to propose a different solution: add a new ext_libraries/
directory at the same level of main/ and ext_sources/.  By reusing some
of the old source_config functionality (in the form of the
SourceConfig.pm in solver/bin/modules) the new modules in ext_libraries/
(coinmp in my example) can be transparently integrated into the build
process.

My plan is to add the ext_sources/ directory and integrate it into our
build system and then to add modules for coinmp and, when the need
arises, for other new external libraries.  Existing modules in main/,
like moz or cairo, can be moved later.

Any comments, objections, questions for more information?

Regards,
Andre