incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer>
Subject Re: Error 126
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:26:46 GMT

On 11.01.2012 22:19, Facundo Cevey wrote:
> HI!
> Error 126 is usually displayed at run time when some of the DLLs on your
> system are missing. The message with the error code 126 may also be
> displayed when an application is trying to connect to a database and a
> required DLL is not specified in your machine’s PATH.
> many databases require that you install and configure a client side library
> to enable any client to connect. Some of the databases that require a
> client side library are WinSQL Oracle Driver, Oracle ODBC Driver, and
> Microsoft Oracle Driver.
> *reinstall the application or update it.*

My build breaks happen randomly but mostly the compilation of a file is

As I understand it, error 126 describes some form of access problem.
That lead me to suspecting the virus scanner.  Possible scenario:

1. Compiler starts to compile a file and tries to open it.
2. Virus scanner cuts in and scans the file.
3. Compiler has to wait too long, gets bored and signals error.

The problem is, the last line does not sound very convincing to me.

> 2012/1/11 Andre Fischer<>
>> Hi all,
>> On Windows7 my build breaks frequently with an error 126.  This happens
>> apparently randomly, not tied to a specific module or file.  Restarting the
>> build in the module where it broke works fine.
>> At the moment I suspect the virus scanner (different ones on different
>> computers) to cause this.
>> Does anybody *know* the reason for the build breaks?
>> Regards,
>> Andre

View raw message