incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: May I use "OpenOffice.org" and "Apache Incubator" logos on OpenOffice.org CD
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 22:35:31 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>> May I use "OpenOffice.org" and "Apache Incubator" logos on OpenOffice.org CD?...
> As we've done in the past, we seek lazy consensus from the PPMC on
> these requests and then send our recommendation to the Branding VP
> (Shane) for the final decision. So let's wait 72-hours and see if
> there are any concerns.

No objections at all, but I would generalize the question and turn it
into a FAQ: surely we can't expect to have to approve logo requests for
every CD distribution initiative, so we should probably reach the
consensus (and consult Shane) on generically allowing the OpenOffice.org
logo, and the logo that will eventually replace it, on CDs containing
the unmodified software as released by Apache (a more proper wording can
probably be found, but you get the concept).

The old policy, if I recall correctly, was to allow this kind of usage
and a generic usage for "community activities".

Regards,
   Andrea.