incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] planning to create new developer snapshots
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:17:50 GMT

> Hi Oliver, Jürgen,
>
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:39:04PM +0100, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> FYI, I have started the builds for revision 1229435.
>>
>> Best regards, Oliver.
>>
>> On 10.01.2012 11:23, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am planning to create new developer snapshots from the today's revision.
>>>
>>> Ariel is already using his space on people.apache.org to provide such developer
>>> snapshots. I would like to do the same in order to share the effort on such a
>>> 'service'.
>>>
>>> I am able to create builds under Ubuntu 11.10, 32bit (running in a VirtualBox)
>>> and Windows 7.
>>>
>>> @Ariel: May be you can share your 'website' sources/structure. I would use it
it
>>> for my people.apache.org 'website'
>>>
>>> Any comments/objections/improvements?
>>>

>>> Best regards, Oliver.
>
> I've uploaded new builds based on rev. 1229372
>
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/changelog-1226179-1229372.html
>

> Until all build boots are set up and building weekly Developer
> Snapshots, may be we can split the task so that each one builds on a target
> platform, in a way that it will be easier for all us (== no need to
> build on a virtual machine).
>
> I can build Linux 32 and 64 bits on a 6 core PC, rather fast, but WinXP
> builds are built on a virtual machine, so I will take Linux builds.
> Oliver can build on his Windows 7 PC, and Jürgen on his Mac.

sounds good, I will built Mac

> We should agree what to build:
>
> * full install sets for langauges ...
> * language packs for languages ...
> * SDK
> * URE?

I would suggest that we build an English version + language packs and a
multilingual version with all languages where we build language packs.
And of course the SDK. The URE can we drop from my point of view.

For now i would suggest the folowing languages "en-US de es it fr ja zh-CN"

Juergen