incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java 7 and Apache OpenOffice
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:13:04 GMT
Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 06:01:59PM +0100, Oliver Brinzing wrote:
>> seems lo fixed this issue.
> me, I haven't seen it. LO has a different license, so AOO can not take
> its code. This leads to duplication, as we must find our own way to fix
> it.

This applies to actual code, but I don't see anything wrong in avoiding
duplicate investigations or development discussions; i.e., reading issue
discussions in the LibreOffice Bugzilla, or even discussing together
with LibreOffice developers bugs and strategies to fix them is not
hampered by incompatible licensing and in some cases will probably make
sense.

That said, thanks for fixing this in Apache OpenOffice too!

Regards,
   Andrea.