incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NOTICE, LICENSE, README etc.
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:12:28 GMT
On 09/01/2012 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 1/9/12 5:31 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> But how does README differ from the Release Notes? Do we currently
>> have both and translate both?
> I have to confess I don't know it, will try to figure this out

If I recall correctly, the release notes are always version-specific and
best replaced by web pages or wiki pages; and it's important to localize
them but not to include them in the released package (after all, it
might happen that some post-release information gets added).

The README is outdated and contains a brief FAQ and some stuff (like
system requirements) that could probably be shortened or removed. It is
localized, but the effort of rewriting it and translating it again would
be worth only if we make it reachable from the GUI.

Regards,
   Andrea.