incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject AOO 3.4 and beyond, looking at AOO 4.0
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:56:56 GMT
Hi,

As we come closer to a release of AOO 3.4, the first Apache OpenOffice
release and the first one managed under the control of the new Apache
OpenOffice project, I think that now it is also a good time to look
forward to our next release (AOO 4.0) and what we want to bring in this
release.

I would like to propose a new wiki page
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Feature+Planning)
where we can collect and document all things that we would like to
address in our next release. I have already started to list some things
where we (wearing my IBM hat) would like to concentrate on and I would
like to encourage all of you to extend this list with your own things
where you would like to work on.

You know IBM has announced that they will contribute the changes (bug
fixes, performance improvements, new features or general improvements)
from Symphony to the new AOO project and prerequisite for contributing
these changes have been reached with an IP cleaned AOO 3.4 and the
consistent licensing under ALv2. We can now start to contribute these
changes to move the project forward, make it faster and better and show
our commitment to be an active member of the Apache OpenOffice community.

Juergen