incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Gress <pgr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Trying to compile on Solaris 11
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 00:58:11 GMT
On 01/ 7/12 07:41 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> look in dist.c:
>

> /*
>   * Some versions of Solaris don't define gethostname()...
>   */
>
> #ifdef __sun
> extern int  gethostname(char *, int);
> #endif /* __sun */
>

> but your Solaris 11 defines that function, and for worst with
> a different signature.
> Dirty fix: simply remove that declaration or change it to match the one
> in /usr/include/unistd.h
>
> Instead of extern int  gethostname(char *, int);
> extern int  gethostname(char *, unsigned int);
>

> The proper fix is to patch epm's configure to detect if gethostname() is
> defined in Solaris.

Thanks for your effort.

Stops now at:

checking for external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll... configure: WARNING: not found, will be cross-built
using mingw32
configure: error: for rebuilding unowinreg.dll you need the mingw32 C++ compiler.
          Specify mingw32 g++ executable name with --with-mingwin.
          Or use prebuilt one from http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/ and
          put it into external/unowinreg
bash-4.1$

Looks like I need to install "a prebuilt", out of time today.  I'll start tomorrow.

Paul