incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: /usr/bin/openoffice.org
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:05:26 GMT
J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> I think we want have a good relation to them and we should potentially
> send a friendly reminder that we see a problem here.
> As a user I would expect that I get the latest OOo 3.3 version. And in
> the future we would like to use it to get an AOO with some explanation.

Sure. However, Ubuntu and the vast majority of distributions always
shipped ooo-build calling it OpenOffice.org, and it is reasonable that
when ooo-build became LibreOffice (thus a fork instead of a patchset)
they decided to minimize the effect of the name change.

But now it would make sense that the "openoffice"/"openoffice.org"
namespace is left free for Apache OpenOffice.

Regards,
   Andrea.