incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: /usr/bin/openoffice.org
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:18:29 GMT
On 1/6/12 11:54 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
> Ah, found another one:
>
> Synaptic on Ubuntu 11.10 has a package "openoffice.org" which installs
> LibreOffice. It is not installed by default (the "libreoffice" package
> is) and also provides the 'explanation'
>
> <quote>
> This is a transitional package, replacing the OpenOffice.org packaging
> with the LibreOffice packaging.
>
> It can be safely removed after an upgrade.
> </quote>
>
> but still, is this OK?

it sounds strange and not really ok for me. First they could still
support older versions of OOo and second we would probably like to
reserve this package name for an upgrade to AOO if possible at a later time.

I hope we can find some support for this later. But using the name and
installing something different is of course confusing and misleading,
isn't it?

Juergen