incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Localized builds
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:33:07 GMT
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 12:06:32PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe i have missed somehting but i stumbled over a problem to build
>> localized packages.
>>
>> I used configure with  --with-lang="en-US de" and got a problem in
>
> en-US is the default, always built, so it is not needed to explicitly in
> the switch.
>
>> instsetoo_native to resolve a dependency to module l10n
>>
>> The solution is to put a source.config file besides main
>>
>> .../main
>> .../extras
>> .../source.config
>
> it's source_config
>
>> source.config
>> ###
>> [repositories]
>> main=active
>> extras=active
>> ###
>>
>> My question is how do others make localized builds without this file?
>
> no, this is -AFAIK- the only way it's done.
> See http://s.apache.org/fAe
> and the references quoted here:
> http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/dev/archive/2011-06/message/40
>
> IMO a terrible idea, because supposing you checked out the trunk:
>
> trunk
>   |--- main/
>   |--- extras/
>   |--- ext_sources/
>   |--- source_config<--- needed by localized builds
>   |--- logs/<--- written by build.pl if --enable-verbose
>

> you are putting stuff that is not supposed to be committed.
> Of course it can be added to the ignored list.

mmh, ok it seems this needs some more cleanup work

but i don't understand your point why it is a bad idea to create this
file besides main, extras.

We have 2 choices
1. create this file and check it in for now. Do some deeper analysis to
get rid of it later

2. we generate this file during the bootstrap and do the same analysis
and remove it later

I would prefer 2.

Any ideas?

Juergen