incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: 3.4 Plan: For which platforms will we officially release binary packages?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 08:53:44 GMT
On 1/4/12 7:09 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> Last week I posted a note pointing to a draft 3.4 release plan on the wiki:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Release+Plan
>
> A few of you have step up to volunteer for some tasks.  This is great.
>   This is just a draft, so feel free to modify, add additional
> high-level tasks, etc.
>
> Some of the items on the wiki are not tasks for individual volunteers,
> but things we need to agree on before we can release.  For some of
> these items, we should try to come to a consensus now, so we can
> ensure that the plan accounts for everything we want to do.
>
> So one item from the wiki:  What platforms do we want to release 3.4
> binary packages for?
>
> With 3.3.0 we had:
>
> Windows Intel MSI
> Linux Intel RPM
> Linux Intel DEB
> Linux x86-64 RPM
> Linux x86-64 DEB
> Mac OS Intel DMG
> Mac OS PPC DMG
> Solaris Intel PKG
> Solaris Sparc PKG
>
> Do we want to do the same with 3.4?  Add ports?  Remove ports?  We
> obviously have active porting work around BSD and OS/2.  Is the intent
> to have them be Apache releases?  Or to be released separately?

ok it looks that we can provide

Windows
Linux 32/64 bit + RPM/DEB
MacOS Intel DMG

Solaris Intel is probably also possible, correct?

Solaris Sparc? Do we have a machine and a volunteer who would do the build?

Free BSD, OS/2 later

 From my pov i would say Windows, Linux, Mac are mandatory, Solaris
would be good but no release stopper for me. If Solaris would come a
little bit later would be also fine.

Juergen