incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteer for technical writing
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 03:06:57 GMT
Welcome,

On 01/04/2012 07:59 PM, Julie John wrote:
> Hi,
<snip>

> I would like to take on the task mentioned below
> Write up a tutorial (or link to a good existing one) that explains how new
> project volunteers should create and submit patches and how committers
> should review and apply them.  Add a link to this tutorial from the Developer
> FAQs<http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/developer-faqs.html>  page.
> Skills needed: SVN, technical writing.  Skills gained: Apache CMS.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Sincerely
> Julie John

When we have our own project patches page we should update our
subversion basics page [1] that has a brief patches section with link to
the general Apache Contributors page that should be replaced with a link
to the new page. I'd be happy to update it when the page is completed.

The patches topic really should have it's own page.

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/svn-basics.html#creating_and_submitting_patches

Best regards,
Carl