incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD] Linux buildboot set up and configure switches
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:57:21 GMT
As you all might have seen over the last day or so, I have tried to
implement most of what is recommended below.
I have tried to get what we can for free - without changing the
buildbot.  If you are interested, go check the results of nightly builds
67-72.
I have backed out anything that break the build.   (except for the deb +
rpm part, which I will revert in a minute)

Here is my approach on the buildbots - as always, I'm interested in lots
of feedback.

 1. Linux 64 buildbot - this is the first bb and I just want a stable
    build that builds the 'default build' - really a minimal build, and
    can be used to identify when someone has 'broken the build' with a
    patch.  also used for running RAT scans, and potentially other code
    optimization and security scans.
 2. Linux 32 buildbot - when this comes online, this should be the 'full
    build' which would be more useful for testing, etc.  This could also
    include a subset of translations, etc.
 3. Windows buildbot - this would also be the 'full build' with a look
    toward finding windows build bug and testing windows
 4. Mac buildbot - similar to Win - same focus
 5. Solaris build bot - similar to Win - same focus
 6. Testing buildbot - when we finall have all of those going, it may be
    interesting to set up a bb for doing automated testing  (this would
    be of course - down the road a bit...)

long discussion to explain why I've implemented the configure options
below and then one by one reverted them.  I'm focusing on keeping a
running Linux 64 build, with the other goodies coming later.

As mentioned in a previous email, I'm working with infra on bringing
these online.  A little patience is in order, but hoping to have more
stuff, soon...

A.